Tapering for the marathon guide is a combination of information and tips and it is suitable for runners of all levels. Avoid the most common mistakes and get the most out of your race.
This is for you if you want to succeed in a marathon and learn about fueling and everything related to preparation. You need guidance on getting the right amount of energy and tapering weeks of training. Or do you want to maximize your performance? Maybe you have a sensitive stomach and you don’t know what you can enjoy before or during the marathon. The guide can help you with all of these.
what do you get?
Tapering for the marathon includes:
- Training during the tapering weeks – what happens to the body during tapering weeks, length of the tapering period, intensity and volume
- Nutrition – sufficient amount of nutrients, high-carbohydrate vs low-carbohydrate diet, protein and carbohydrate fuelling, ingredients and intestinal problems, the morning of the marathon, the most common mistakes
- Hydration and energy-consuming during the marathon – water, sports drinks, energy gels, salts, jelly beans, bananas, etc., caffeine, fuelling plan for different options and race times
- Setting target time and heart rate vs pace during the marathon – how to predict the target time, heart rate vs pace during the marathon
- Mental preparation – mental exercises
- Clothes and equipment – what to pack for a marathon
- Other tips and advice – blisters and chafing, use of painkillers, stomach problems on the way, muscle cramps, showers and sponges
- EXTRA: After the marathon
- EXTRA: Summary calendar and own plan sheet
An e-book of about 60 pages that goes through everything you need and a little more!
BE PREPARED. BE A MARATHONER.
You can find the guide in the shop!
“… all the little details in together. -Anna”
“This really helped me to get ready for my virtual marathon. Thank you! -Johan”
“…contain everything essential. I learned some new things after reading the guide and came across things that have never been considered. -Katju”
“I liked that the guide also tells you what to look for after a marathon. -K.L.”
Question! Let me help you!